Venue: Online Event
Advances in constituent materials, production processes, and construction technologies have all contributed to improvements in concrete construction. However, the successful execution of concrete construction requires sound practice on site. Careful planning of on-site resources and processes, together with coordination and communication, are necessary to minimise potential problems, and to ensure quality is achieved and maintained throughout.
In this short course, our experienced panel of speakers will provide practical information and guidance for those involved in the planning, management and supervision of concrete construction work.
This course has been designed for all those in mid to senior level positions. Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers will all find this course very beneficial. Site supervisory personnel, consulting engineers, ready-mixed concrete producers, and client representatives will also benefit from attending.
Fee: ICS Member: €80, Non-member: €130
- 09:30 Welcome
- 09:35 Planning | Ciaran Collins & Paul McPadden, Walls Construction
- 10:15 Formwork | Erich Sumperhofer, DOKA
- 10:45 Pre-pour Preparation | Mark Coatsworth, John Paul Construction
- 11.15 Break
- 11.25 Ordering and Delivery | Colin Heffernan, Roadstone
- 11:55 Placing and Compaction | Peter Bryant, KWIK RC Frames
- 12:25 Finishing & Curing | Joe Gartlan, John Sisk & Son
- 12:55 Site sampling and Testing | Vincent Anderson, MTS Ltd.
- 13.15 Q&A
- 13.30 Ends